How will Pioneer Finance use your personal information?
Pioneer Finance will ask you directly for your personal information. Pioneer Finance may use your personal information for the following purposes to:
- Verify your identity and any personal information provided by you.
- Obtain credit check information about you from a credit reporting agency.
- Assist debt recovery including appointing an agent to collect any outstanding debts and listing your defaults with a credit reporting agency.
- Check the Ministry of Justice fines database for any overdue fines.
- Respond to any queries from third parties about you.
- Ensure Pioneer Finance complies with relevant legislation, codes of practice, and regulations as a Lender.
Where does Pioneer Finance collect personal information from?
You authorise any third party which holds your information to disclose the information to Pioneer Finance for the purposes set out above.
Pioneer Finance can collect information from:
- Employers (including previous employers).
- Credit reporting agencies and bodies.
- Ministry or Department of the NZ Government including (but not limited to):
- Work and Income (WINZ)
- Inland Revenue (IRD)
- Ministry of Justice (MOJ)
- Housing New Zealand (HNZ)
- NZ Transport Authority
- Land Information New Zealand
- Bank and financial services organisation
- Credit provider or Creditor
Pioneer Finance may disclose your personal information
You agree that Pioneer Finance may disclose your personal information (which may include positive or negative credit information) to any credit reporting agency so the agency may:
- Hold that information on their credit reporting database.
- Use your personal information for the purpose of providing credit reporting services or for any other lawful purpose.
- Disclose that information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking, debt collection or for any other lawful purpose.
- We require those credit reporting agencies to comply with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code and the Privacy Act 1993.